Why Do I Need a Library Card?
- You need a library card to check out materials such as books, dvds, audio books, and cake pans.
- You need either an Arkansas City Public Library card or a State Library card to access ebooks, depending on where you live.
- You need a library card to use the free internet access computers.
How do I get a Library Card?
- Come to the Library at 120 E. 5th Ave., between Summit and A Street on 5th Ave.
- There is no charge for a library card. (If you lose your card, it costs $1.00 to replace it.)
- Bring a picture ID.
- If your picture ID shows your current address, that’s it. Complete the form, wait for us to input the data, and you get your card the same day.
- If your picture ID does NOT show your current address, please bring a bill or letter that was sent to you at your current address.
What is a Kansas Library Card?
The State Library of Kansas makes databases and ebooks available to all residents of the State of Kansas. To access these resources, you need a Kansas Library Card. It is different than your Arkansas City Public Library card.