ACPL offers mobile hotspots for patrons to use for free outside of the library. These put out an unlimited wi-fi signal that you can connect to with your wi-fi capable devices, such as a laptop or a smartphone, anywhere in the country that Sprint’s data signal reaches. If you’d like to check out a hot spot, please visit the library in person and ask to be placed on the hot spot holds list (you must have a library card in good standing to be on hold).
We have a limited number of mobile hotspots available, so there are a few special conditions in place:
- Patron must be 17 years of age or older and have a valid ID with a current address listed. If a current address is not listed, please provide a piece of mail addressed to you (every time). ID must be presented both when checking out the item and when checking it in, every time.
- A $20 cash deposit is required, which will be returned when the device is brought back on time and in good condition. We will not release a deposit to anyone who is without an ID or who is not the same person the device was checked out to, not even with permission. This is to protect patrons from theft.
- Patron must sign an “equipment agreement” which means you agree to be responsible for any change of condition that occurs to the device or its contents while checked out to you, including the cost to replace or repair the device. This agreement must be signed every time a device is checked out.
- Lending period is one week.
- All patrons must wait 48 hours after returning one hotspot to check out another one. This goes for the entire household of the person who last returned a hotspot. Each household must be treated as one entity to allow for more library patrons the opportunity to use these items. Letting each person in a household check out the same device back to back results in unfair hogging of the device. We hope you understand this added condition.
- An overdue charge of $20 per day ($100 max) will be charged for mobile hotspots not returned.
- Please return hot spots inside by handing it directly to a library staff member. It is the patron’s responsibility to be aware of their due date and library hours (which are posted on our website and Facebook). Never return a hotspot in the book drop – this will result in a $20 fine.
For more information, please call the library at 620-442-1280.